Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fall?

People have been saying, "what's happened to summer?" because it has been very cool and rainy. However, I'm grateful because I know what a really hot prairie summer can be like, and I'm still acclimatized to the north. It has been pretty wet, but that means that I can't mow the lawn or even feel guilty about it, and I don't have to worry about watering the garden. Lots of things to be thankful for.

I've started to go into work get get ready for the fall term at school. I'm not even putting in half-days yet, but I've started the get things cleaned up and sorted out a bit. Hopefully they'll get the new computer up and ready for me so that I can finish the year end and inventory on it and switch over to a new year.

No, I don't know what I'll be teaching yet. Lots of possibilities, but nothing for sure until we know what the enrolment is and the grade distribution. For sure I'll be in the library (half-time?) plus.... some of the possibilities include: English 9, Christian Ethics 9, Remedial math (Math 11, 21 and 31 - as a combined class), Fine Arts/Guidance/Health 9 (as a job share - six weeks of each?), a college class on surviving post-secondary (as a job share). So, I'll find out next week. The English 9 is very likely for sure, so I can work on getting prepared for that.

No comments: