- A Saskatchewan Health Card (is government issued, shows signature, doesn't show address)
- A NWT driver's licence (won't work for anything because he's lived here longer than one year)
- a NWT birth certificate (unfortunately it's in Yellowknife and they'll have to courier it down here)
- A passport (if he could find it, it would solve all of his problems - can't find it here or in YK)
- A SIAST student card (which is government-issued ID but they won't accept it; it's not on their list of acceptable ID).
He can get a Saskatchewan ID card, but it takes two weeks (too long); and only if he has a birth certificate (coming down by courier) and two other pieces of ID (the health card will count as one - he can use a T4 for the other, I hope). However there's still the two-week waiting period problem.
We'll try again tomorrow. This might be a little frustrating.