Monday, May 11, 2015

A new salad recipe! Beet Salad

Last year Ruth and I helped at the Russian Pavilion for Mosaic.  We got to try all the food - and we really enjoyed the beet salad.  The other day when I was at the grocery store; they had some discounted beets - which I promptly purchased.  But, it's too hot out for borscht right now; so I contacted Anna and told her I wanted the recipe for Beet Salad.  We made it on Saturday - and it was just as good as I remember.
So... here's the recipe:

3 medium beets - cooked and diced
3 medium potatoes - cooked in a separate pot and diced
3 medium carrots - cooked in a separate pot and diced
1/3 to 1/2 cup sauerkraut
1 small bunch fresh dill - finely chopped
1 small onion - finely chopped

Vinaigrette:
2 TLB oil
1/4 cup cider vinegar


OK, I've tried to upload a photo and it doesn't like me today - so you don't get a photo.  Suffice it to say that the salad's yummy

No comments: