Saturday, October 27, 2012

Procrastination

I've been putting off doing things all week - important things, things that must be done - this week.  Things like paying bills, putting gas in the car, writing my lawyer, etc.  I read my cousin Janelle's blog about procrastinating and I appreciate her take on it.  And I will get those very important things done this evening, tonight - I will!

Meanwhile - because I've been busy procrastinating, I've got lots and lots of other things done this week.  Ruth and I did our regular cooking this morning.  We made three salads - Coleslaw Forever - for potluck after church tomorrow, Nutty Wild and Brown Rice, and Bean Salad; one soup - turkey soup, using the frozen carcass that I had saved from baking turkey a week ago; two casseroles - chili and layered turkey casserole.  We also got groceries, checked out what Zellers has on sale as it's closing down, and planned the week's menu.  We heated up the leftover lasagne for lunch (it was one of my better lasagne's I think).  I also did all my laundry, folded it and put it away.  Did all the dishes from all that cooking (several times).

This evening, Bram, Nicole and I made homemade pizza for supper.  It's in the oven now, and is almost ready.  There's something burned on the bottom of my oven, and it's making things a little smoky so we have the fan on in the hopes that the smoke detector won't come on.  Then we introduced Nicole to Canadian board games, and played Sorry.


I think I need to quit now so that I can go pay some bills and do other important things.


No comments: