Thursday, May 2, 2013

Welcome back?

So I got back last night around 11:30 pm.  This morning, bright and early, had a phone call from the City Health Department because apparently I haven't had hot water in my apartment for about 2 weeks.  Now, I'm not going to feel too terribly guilty about it because I put a letter in each of my tenants' boxes telling them that I was away and giving them Ruth's office number for an emergency contact.  I've talked to two tenants and both tell me that they didn't see the letter.  I know I hand delivered it to their mail box - what else can I do?  I couldn't have phoned them as most of them don't have phones.  I feel badly for them that they haven't had hot water for two weeks - but not all that badly.  I planned ahead; I gave them contact numbers.  Oh well.

On the other hand, it wasn't a great welcome back to Regina for me.  My boarder is also moving out May 6 - and only wants to pay half a month's rent for May.

Welcome home, I guess.



No comments: