Friday, June 13, 2008

Red Letter Day

I started today off with a job interview. I think it went pretty well. It's the first time in about 15 years that I've interviewed for anything other than a teaching position - and I'm definitely of two minds about that. I love teaching - it's just that I've taught for 20 years and I've never not had a term contract. I'm really tired of going from term to term and never knowing what I'll be doing in the fall; if I'll have a job or not; if I'll be full-time or part-time, etc. If I get this job, I'll be doing the same thing for at least two years. That would be a big plus. It would also be full time (another plus), and I'd be able to start thinking about collecting a pension. However, if I don't get it, I can still teach from term to term.

Bram finished his English today. He's completely finished it; will write the final exam on Monday. Then the rest of next week will go towards finishing up his Social Studies. We're planning on having him finish up his Grade 9 math on our trip south, as he'll have a long time sitting in the vehicle, so he might as well do something constructive. It's about 30 hours to our destination, and that's just driving time. Then he has to get back north again; another 30 hours.

We received Rose's latest report card today in the mail. She still has an A average (just); and we're still proud of her. Her marks have dropped a bit, but she's been taking a really heavy load this year, and doing one course by correspondence, and she's still holding her own. Keep it up kiddo!

No comments: