Monday, July 21, 2008

Comfort

I have been deriving a lot of comfort from the e-mails, phone calls, hugs and prayers that I have received from my many friends. Thank you so much.

I am also getting a great deal of comfort through prayer and music. It's amazing the hymns (the golden oldies) that run through my head, with the words of comfort. For example:

Be still my soul! The Lord is on thy side;
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In ev'ry change He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul! Thy best, thy heav'nly Friend
Thro' thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Sweet hour of prayer, sweet hour of prayer
That calls me from a world of care
And bids me at my Father's throne
Make all my wants and wishes known
In seasons of distress and grief
My soul has often found relief
And oft escaped the temptor's snare
By thy return, sweet hour of prayer

Peace, perfect peace in this dark world of sin
The blood of Jesus whispers peace within.

When other helpers fail and comforts flee,
Help of the helpless, O abide with me.

No comments: