Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Housework

I am the first to admit that I don't enjoy doing housework. It's one of those things that all winter when I'm working full-time slides more than a little, and then in the summer I have to shovel myself out of the disaster that's been the better part of a year in the making. If cleanliness is next to godliness, I'll be the first to admit I'm a sinner.

However, in the past two days I've done 5 loads of laundry (hung out on the line, brought in, folded, sorted, bullied the kids to put theirs away), found the kitchen table (that was a full day's job) and found my bedroom floor! I've still got a long ways to go, but we're getting there. I need to do a whole lot of throwing out while Lloyd's still away (today I did all the unmatched socks - half a laundry basket full!). Rose did the living room and main bathroom while we were away, so it's good, the kitchen is coming (still have to do the counters and floor) and my bedroom is much better. There's still the dining room/office, the sewing room and the master bedroom bathroom (mostly a lot of dust - it's not dirty, just dusty.) My goal is to be "company" tidy before Lloyd gets home. Then maybe we should have company to celebrate!

No comments: