Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday Letters

When I was 15 years old, I went away to Western Christian College for Grade 11 and started writing a weekly Sunday letter home to my family. I've kept up the habit fairly faithfully since, but in recent years I've switched to blogging - to let those who want to know what's up in my life just check my blog.

This morning during service I realized that I really need to start doing a Sunday letter again - this time to my kids, while I'm at Western and they're away in Yellowknife. I nearly lost it right then; what's old is new again. My mom's been hinting (quite strongly) for some time that a blog isn't the same as a Sunday letter, so I guess it wouldn't hurt to keep them updated as well. Finally, my in-laws don't use any electronic medium and I know they really love the mail, so I guess that's a minimum of three Sunday letters. If you're not on the short list - too bad; you can still check my blog. It just gets too unwieldy to do a letter to everyone.

1 comment:

RORRR said...

I don't remember the last time I sat down and wrote a real letter so I am happy to be able to read your blog. I am also trying to be inspired to keep my blog updated as well. Hope to see you soon and glad to hear you are settling in well.
Love you!
Melissa