Saturday, February 7, 2009

Six months later

It is six months today since I left my husband. It was a a difficult decision, but one that I had to take. I felt that I couldn't remain in a marriage where he felt there was nothing wrong with being involved with another woman. I'm still of that mind.

It's been a difficult six months. However, the Lord has been with me through out the change and turmoil. He immediately provided me with a job, and a place to live. I've learned a great deal about living in faith and trusting in his providence.

Where am I now? Physically I'm in much better health, since the stress I was living under has lessened. Mentally, I'm also in much better health. However, in many ways, I'm still waiting. I've attempted get a separation agreement from my husband since I first separated, however he has not responded back to any of the letters sent by my lawyer. At some point he will either have to reply or I guess I'll have to take him to court. I don't want to do that, but I do need to have a formal separation agreement.

My daughter is now down here at school, living in the dorm. That is a real blessing. I wish my son was out of the situation he was in, however he is daily in my prayers and I trust that the Lord will keep him safe.

I continue to give thanks for the grace and mercy of our Lord. I thank my friends and family for their continued prayers and help. Life goes on.

No comments: