Monday, January 18, 2010

The Joys of Paperwork

OK, my grad studies application is nearly complete. I still have to get the letters of reference written and sent(I've requested them), do up a CV and a 500 word paper explaining why I want to apply, but I think I have all of the transcripts ordered (and I've seen copies of most of them so that I can fill out the info I need to). It's amazing the sheer volume of paperwork required. Hopefully I'll get through the rest of it this evening or tomorrow, so that I can give them the $100 application fee.

One of the challenges is that some of my transcripts are in the name Marilyn Orr, some are May Thiessen, and some are Marilyn Thiessen. So I guess I also have to fill out an official name change form as well.

The whole process actually is much easier than I thought it would be. I remember applying to go to the U of S (back in '82) and the difficulties just getting transcripts. Now all of that can be ordered (and paid for) online and sent out the same day.

No comments: