Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Long Day

It was a very long day today. I went to work shortly after 6:30 am. That's because the final marks for report cards had to be in today and I still had a bit of marking and calculating to do - not to mention entering the marks into the program. I was done by a little before 8 am.

I taught all day - in fact, I covered Marlene's class for her right after lunch. (That was interesting; my "let it be a challenge student to you" swore at me.) At 4 pm we had a staff meeting that lasted until after 5 pm. I was home from 5:20 or so until nearly 6 pm, when I went to The Party.

We had 36 kids at The Party tonight! That's a record. We generally average between 18 and 21 - I don't think we've ever had more than about 27. It was pretty busy but things ran very smoothly. That's definitely an answer to prayer because it can be very hectic at times. I always do snack (don't provide it, but serve it). We had enough. It was a bit like loaves and fishes though - we have four rotations and I was cutting the snack in half for the last rotation, but then we had enough for everyone to get two halves. (Oh me of little faith).

The Party ends at 8 pm. I drove some participants home, then went by the library to return some books, picked up some KFC for supper (yeah, at 8:45) and was home shortly after 9 pm. That's a long, long day. I think it's time for bed. Piano practice will have to wait for another day.

No comments: