Saturday, November 3, 2012

Plugged Sinks

Walter came by with a snake and tried to snake out my kitchen lines.  He had to go down into the crawl space (with Bram to help).  He says I don't have much slope on the kitchen lines and that could be part of the problem.  I pointed out that I've lived here 2.5 years and this is the first time I've had any problem.  However, he also discovered that a 25 foot snake is about 2 feet too short.

He now says that we should maybe cut the line and put in a clean out about six feet along - then a standard 25 foot snake would work.  Either I pay to get that done or I pay to have a plumber come in.  All I know is that I can't use my sink right now.


Here's the recipe for the lentil soup.

Nicky's Lentil Soup

2 cups lentils
1 chopped white onion
1 chopped carrot
2 chopped celery sticks
2 TLB chopped garlic
3 bay leaves
1 TLB sea salt
1 TLB fresh dill
2 cups diced tomatoes
2 cups tomato juice
9 cups stock
2-3 oz olive oil
2 TLB parsley
3 oz tomato paste
5 TLB pepper

Saute vegetables until almost tender.  Add diced tomatoes, tomato juice, herbs and spices, lentils and the stock.  Bring to a boil stirring occasionally until lentils are soft.  Reduce heat and simmer.

Now - we didn't have tomato juice but my can of tomato paste was a 5 1/2 oz can, so we just added another two cups of water.

It was really, really good.  We saved the leftovers in ziplock freezer bags and put it in the freezer.  We'll eat it this coming week for lunch.

No comments: