Thursday, January 29, 2009

Done!

I've got all of my marking done and the marks submitted. (Hopefully some marks will change once some students see what their marks are without their assignments submitted.) Got all the textbooks signed back in from first semester and the second semester texts signed out. Got a master list made up of what's still missing. Feels really good.

Today was the first day of the second semester. I went over with my class what we were going to be doing during this term - now I need to get a formal semester plan done up, read the book that we're going to be doing for this term (over the weekend I think), etc. etc. Thankfully, I've splurged and ordered a commercial unit plan for the book so that I don't have to do all the prep for it. Sometimes it's worth it to use someone else's ideas. I don't have to follow it slavishly, but it will definitely give me a starting point.

I promptly lost my voice again once I went to half dosage, so I've switched to a staggered dose - taking one pill every four hours, instead of two pills three times a day. I don't take the one in the middle of the night, with the hopes that I can still sleep. This way, I'm hoarse, but I do have a voice and I can cope with the side effects (although they're still not fun.)

No comments: