Sunday, March 1, 2009

What a nice weekend!

It's Sunday evening, and looking back over my weekend, I can only thank the Lord for his tremendous blessings. If I had stayed home as I had wanted to, I don't think I would have been blessed as richly.

Rose and Thess came over and sewed Saturday afternoon. Rose came back Sunday afternoon and is now nearly completely finished her kimono. She has maybe an hour's more sewing to go to be done. Thess is working on her wedding dress. We got it cut out and most of the skirt sewn, so she's doing very well too. One thing I really appreciated about both girls was that they were very independent and didn't need a lot of help. I've been teaching beginners for so long, it's really good to have some sewers who were more independent.

I visited a bit with cousins on Facebook Saturday night. (I can sort-of find my way around it.) It was good to talk with some cousins that I haven't visited with for years.

Sundays are always my favourite day of the week. I slept in until 7:30, then practiced piano until it was time to go to church. I think my witnessing went over ok with the teen girls. (How do you know for sure?) After service Ruth asked if I could "host" the regular potluck at her house (she had the meal ready to go) as she had forgotten that she and Walter had been invited out to lunch. So that was a no stress thing. Go to someone else's house, where the meal's already prepared, and host it. So I got to have some good visiting in again, then took Rose back to my apartment and had a nap while she sewed.

About the time Rose was getting frustrated, I woke up from my nap and was able to help her with her sewing, then took her back to the dorm. Had Bible quizzing practice tonight. Made fruit salad for it, which went over really well, so when I got back home I made up another batch. (I've got all of this fruit that was on clearance from the grocery store that needs to be used up.)
I have to admit that I really enjoyed the fruit salad, but now my tongue has broken out all over. Oh well, it should be better tomorrow.

I've finished up the evening by practicing piano again. And, it seems to be going a little bit better - or at least I'm not getting as frustrated. So that's also good.

No comments: