Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Old Fartitis

I had my first piano lesson in three weeks today. My teacher had a week off as she was doing student examinations. I had to take last week off because my arms had been giving me grief and I was wearing splints (the joy of repetitive strain injury). I was able to manage the one hour lesson today because I took ibuprofen before I started and my teacher was very careful to have me do exercises and work on pieces that involved no stretches or difficulty. At least I didn't have laryngitis.

I've taught my library assistant how to catalogue fiction books (because they're the very easiest) so that I'll be typing less, so that my arms and hands can heal.

Frankly, having my body break down isn't much fun. I'd rather trade it in for a newer model.

No comments: