Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday evening

Yesterday was a really busy day. It was the annual food drive for the food bank and I had agreed to drive students and help with that. That took from around 9:30 to 3:30. I was mostly driving, but also helped carry bags, etc. Then I had a rest, because I was tired. Around 7:30 in the evening, I was thinking, "I really should practice piano", when the doorbell rang. It was Kirk H, with the teen group - they were doing a progressive games night. I knew about it, didn't I? Well, actually I didn't, but I invited them all in - I'm glad my living room was tidy, and we played some family feud. I kicked them out just before 10 pm because I had to go pick up Rose from work.

Rose has been working a lot more hours. We both have mixed feelings about that. More hours is good, financially, but it's harder to stay on top of her classes. In addition, they have a big display of laundry soaps and bounce, right by the checkouts, and it gives her a really bad headache. She's written a formal request for them to station her at a till as far as possible from it, but it really hasn't helped. She's going to phone the store manager tomorrow and see if that will make a difference.

Bram made supper Saturday night. He's taking a food studies class in French by correspondence - and this was one of his assignments. I was happy for him to make supper, but it wasn't really like I sat back and did nothing. In some ways it's more work to help him than to make it myself, but I'm glad he's learning how. He made a shepherd's pie casserole, with mashed sweet potatoes on top instead of regular mashed potatoes. It was quite good.

Report card marks were due in Friday morning, so I was at work bright and early - 6:30 am so that I could finish calculating them and get them entered. However the program wasn't working properly, so they never did get entered. Hopefully the program will have been fixed (whatever's wrong with it) by tomorrow so I can enter them before school starts. Every six weeks I vow that I'll stay on top of the marking, and I never do. However, maybe next six weeks will be different.

The weather continues to be wonderful and warm. My yard, front and back, is covered with leaves. This may be because there are 18 trees in my back yard, and three or four in the front. We've raked several times, and have bagged lots of bags, and I don't know that you can tell. I supposed I should go back at it again, but the idea doesn't exactly thrill. Maybe we'll go for the natural look.

No comments: