Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Decisions, Decisions

I interviewed for a position last week, but haven't heard anything since.  (No news is generally bad news when it comes to job hunting.)  I texted one of the people who was in the interview to find out if she knows anything about a decision being made.

There's another job posted with Regina Public Library right now that looks like it's been written for me.  It's very similar to the literacy position I had in Yellowknife with Aurora College - and I know I could do it, and do it well.  I'd enjoy it.  The catch is the salary is only about 60% of what I would make as a teacher on the grid - and is considerably less than I made as a teacher at Western (when I made 80% of the grid).  I'd make about $1,000 a month (gross) less.  However, on the other hand, I'd enjoy the job, and I'd like to think I'd have a good chance of getting the position.  On the other hand, if I was working full-time - it would limit me from any other job options where I could make a fair bit more.  Is a job with a substantial pay cut still a good thing?  I have to apply before Monday.  So I have to make up my mind before then.

Then, there's another position (part-time) available through another community college (not SIAST) here in Regina.  It's also quite similar to another job I had in Yellowknife.  Again, I know I'd enjoy the work, and could do it.  However, it's only a part-time position.  Do I apply?

Decisions, decisions.  I think the answer is to seek input and advice from others, and to pray about it a lot.  So... I'm looking for comments and advice here.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Apply for the library job. Keep praying. Just because they have your resume doesn't commit you yet. It's better that it's in then that you miss the chance.