Sunday, July 1, 2012

Over and done with?

Grad on Thursday was lovely.  It was everything it always is, with good-bye speeches, and awards, etc.  Then there was Friday.  The last official day of work was Friday.  We had over 125 shelves of books to pack Friday - and we got them packed.  The air conditioning was non-existent in the library - and it started at 25 and the temperature went up from there.  It was a long hot day, and bitter sweet. By the end of the day I was totally exhausted.  We were supposed to bring our computers to the front office so they could be decommissioned, and  I had absolutely no strength to do it.  I had made plans for us to go out for supper as I knew Ruth was as busy at her office as I was in the library.  After supper, Dad and I took Joe over to the four-plex so that he could finish up some of the work that had to be done there.  Then up by Home Depot to get some supplies needed to finish up.  By that time my hip had gone out of joint and I could hardly walk.  I collapsed into bed by 9 pm and was so tired I couldn't sleep.

Saturday was Angela's wedding.  It was very nice to have an excuse to not go back to school, as there's still cleaning up and finishing up to be done there.  I was still so sore from Friday that I had to think about it before I sat down as both sitting and getting up again hurt.  The wedding was very nice, but I left by about 8 pm and went back to bed, exhausted again.  I've been hosting Tara K all weekend - she flew in for the wedding, and it's also been very nice to touch base with her and find out how she's doing.

This morning Tara and I went to service early so that we could get the communion trays ready.  It's a good thing we had lots of visitors as many of our regulars were away for the long weekend.  After service, Tara and I went home and made lunch, then went over to the Lieutenant Governor's grounds for the afternoon garden party and levee, in honour of Canada Day and HRH's Diamond Jubilee.  We took a tour of Government House (very cool), sat on our lawn chairs in the shade and listened to Connie Kaldor and Regina Riot Dixieland band, ate complimentary popcorn and sugar cookies (with HRH's coat of arms on them), and had a nice relaxing time.  It's now two days since I did such a massive job packing books (Friday) and I can sit down and stand without wincing but am still a little tired and sore.

I'm thankful that it's a long weekend and that I don't have to go back to work Monday.  Actually, I guess, that because I don't have a job anymore, I don't have to go back to work at all.  I know the Lord will provide, and I'm anxious to know where and how He will be providing for me.

No comments: