Monday, December 10, 2012

A Day Off

Friday I took the day off - totally.  Well, I still had to drive Bram to catch his car pool; leaving the house at 7:05 and getting back by 7:50 or so, but then I went back to bed and slept until 10:30!  In the afternoon I went to Chapters and just browsed for a bit.  I don't know when I've done that - not for ages, anyway.

Then I ignored everything else on my To Do list for the entire day.  It felt really good.  I was thinking about it, and I can't remember when I last had a day totally off since maybe Easter break.  I finished work the end of June, then I was really busy getting ready for the VBS and Mission 6:10; and I had house guests for most of July.  I started work August 1 and worked for the library until Sept. 15 (a Saturday), then started working for SIAST Sept. 17.  Not much down time there.  This past week I worked at catching up on everything that needed to be done, and Friday I had pretty much caught up.  I believe that's called a holiday (at least in Canada it is).  Friday I took a holiday day.  Very nice.  I wouldn't mind doing that again. (Now Walt and Ruth and my parents are off on a real holiday - somewhere like the photo below, but I'll be grateful for what I've got.)

Friday night I had house guests again (Leslie and Loopie are remodelling and I hosted their two boarders for two days,  and Loopie and Bailey for one night, but that was fine).  I had the day off anyway.

No comments: