Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Red Letter Day!

My new piano arrived this morning. I had to run over from school to let them in. It's beautiful! I ran home at noon to admire it (and to pick up the marking I had to do) and discovered that the orchid I had inherited with the apartment is blooming. It has one beautiful fuscia blossom; one bud that will likely open tomorrow and three other buds that will need some time. The other orchid plant is sending out a shoot, so hopefully it will bloom later.

This evening we had the annual Christmas banquet at Western. I really enjoyed that. Good food, lots of fun (there was a limbo contest that I didn't participate in), some good visiting. Now that I'm back home, I need to do some marking and piano practice. In fact, I think the piano is calling my name!

No comments: