Friday, December 19, 2008

School's out

No school for two weeks! I need the break and I know my students do too. My kids arrive Boxing Evening (if there is such a term). I'm really missing them and it will be good to see them again. I have all my Christmas shopping done, presents wrapped (well, present bags made and presents stuffed inside), everything ready to go. I'm not worrying about Christmas baking.

Unfortunately, I still have the remains of laryngitis. Although I can talk, it sounds like I'm doing an imitation of an adolescent boy with the voice change thing, and I can't sing. Really frustrating! It's been over 10 days now that I've been just working on being able to talk. Hopefully, not having to teach for two weeks will make a big difference.

Now for good news. One of the piano pieces I've been fighting with for a long time is finally coming along. I no longer feel like kicking myself when I make the same stupid error because I'm not making the same stupid error! Feels good. I have a recital in mid January. I'm not ready for it yet, but it at least seems like I could be ready for it.

No comments: