Sunday, December 21, 2008

Counting Blessings

I've always considered the extremely cold weather to be count your blessings weather - because no matter how bad it is here, it's always worse elsewhere. Not exactly true today. It's -31 right now in Regina (-40 with the wind chill), but only -24 in Yellowknife and only -27 in Cambridge Bay. Cambridge Bay has always been my "thank you, Lord that I don't live there" spot, because it's like Weyburn for wind (it's on the arctic coast and well above the tree line) and yet it is generally much colder before the wind than Yellowknife is. Well, it is colder today in Regina.

I can still count my blessings, however.
  • I have a warm apartment (and I don't pay the heating bill anyway)
  • I'm on holidays for two weeks
  • My car starts even in the cold
  • The laryngitis has receded enough that I can talk (croak may be a more accurate term and singing is still iffy)
  • My kids arrive on Thursday!!!
  • I don't have to go out for anything in the cold unless I want to; I have groceries and my Christmas shopping is done.

I have much to be thankful for.

No comments: