Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thankful in all circumstances

We had a beautiful sunny day yesterday. Finally got my bedding plants in. They're all vegetables. Rose got the lawn mowed. She'd done the back lawn several days ago then mowed the cord, which made it really hard to finish the front lawn. I borrowed a new cord from the Pradzynskis and we got it done last night.

Thanks to all the work on the sewer line, the front lawn's been dug up way too many times. This means that there are way too many dandilions. Rose dug up a bunch after she mowed the cord; had a pile close to knee high - and it didn't seem to make a dent. We have some poison to spray them with, but that's going to wait for awhile.

Today's the annual school camping trip. Last year I tented; this year I'm wimping out. The forecast is for rain, and I'd rather sleep in Marlene's camper than in a tent. I'm sure we'll all have a lot of fun despite the rain.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a rain coat - so went out to the Sears clearance store yesterday on my way home from picking Rose up from work. Got myself one. I figure that's essential for camping. I'm ready to go now.

No comments: