Saturday, September 27, 2008

"I choose to praise you"

It would be very easy to indulge myself in a pity party this evening. I'm not feeling very well; I've been on the verge of tears all day besides that and I'm missing my kids. I wanted to phone them, but was afraid I'd be crying all over the phone so I chickened out and didn't.

However, I have chosen not to be pitiful. I have so much to be thankful for. We had a very moving Ladies' Bible class this morning. It was a real encouragement - and there's something about a women's only Bible study that is very helpful. My parents were up again for the day and I was also able to visit with Aunt Lois and Uncle Roland for a short while. I hadn't realized how much I have missed being a part of my extended family until I moved south again. I made another quilt block - as did Ruth. (Actually, Ruth did hers first.) It always feels so good to create things. My house is spotless and I was able to have my parents and my sister share lunch with me. Ruth and I are teaching Sunday school tomorrow and we're prepared for it. Last night I attended the City Wide Worship time which was held at the Regina Auditorium, and it was great.

Part of a tune is running through my head, and I can't remember all the words. However the chorus has "I choose to praise you" as the main line, and that's what I'm going to do. It's so much more constructive than indulging myself in the poor poor pitiful me thing. In addition, I'm going to have a lengthy prayer time. There are so many people I know that are needing additional prayers, that I have committed to pray for.

Thank you, Lord, for your grace. The way you love us in spite of our failings and shortcomings. Bless my kids; keep them safe.

No comments: