Sunday, September 28, 2008

Technologically challenged

It's potluck this morning after service. I've got Lazy Man's Cabbage Rolls in the slow cooker. I've got Coleslaw Forever in the fridge and I've got Apple Crisp in the oven. Therein lies the problem. I can't figure out how to do the time bake or delay start on the oven. I've wasted about 15 minutes trying different combinations of push buttons; I can tell it to delay start - but then I can't seem to tell it what I want it to do when it does start - like bake at 350 for 30 minutes. I can't find an owner's manual for the oven anywhere either.

I'd sneak out of church for a minute and run the half block home to start the oven at the right time except that I'm teaching Sunday School this morning. I think I'm going to have to give my keys to someone else and have them start my oven at the right time.

This is the reason why I don't own a VCR, DVD player or cell phone. There's too many buttons to push. (There would also be the matter of not having a TV to display anything from a VCR or DVD player on). I can manage (just barely) my CD player and clock radio; but that's the extent of my technological skills.

No comments: