Sunday, October 5, 2008

A new thing (for me)

This month's Reader's Digest has an excellent article on it on the importance of being grateful and having an attitude of thankfulness. It recommended journalling daily on the things you're thankful for, and why. So, I've started a new blog (it's private, I won't give you the link) of the things I'm thankful for. What a great way to start my day - by listing all the things I'm thankful for!

I'm teaching a creative writing class this semester and have been encouraging my class to keep a journal of some sort (preferably daily). When I read that article in the Reader's Digest, I felt it tied in very nicely with what I had been saying, so I read it aloud to them. However, it's important to practice what I preach, so I've started it for myself. I consider this blog to also be a regular journal, but don't feel obligated to keep it up on a daily basis (and I have to be careful what I write, as I do know it is being read by who knows whom).

No comments: