Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was so very nice. To start with, my kids were down for the weekend, and it was so good to see them and spend time with them. In addition, it was Lectureship, so I got to hear great lessons as well as see many, many family members and friends. I have so much to be thankful for.

It snowed this weekend and although the weather has risen briefly above freezing, there is still lots of snow on the ground. I like the snow - I have to, I live in Canada. It's either like it, or be miserable a lot of the time.

I'm having an "adult" supper - turnips, swiss chard and other food that kids generally turn their noses up at. That's fine, I'm an adult, and I like it. Besides that, if I don't eat it, it'll go off and I'll have to throw it out.

The Williams family (Les, Loopie, Thomas and Bailey) have moved in next door to me. I'm glad to have such good neighbours.

It took them over a week, but blogger has unlocked my thankfulness blog. Apparently their automated software and identified it as a potential spam blog and so they locked it until a real person could read it and decide if it was real or not. So, now I can get back to counting my blessings on a regular basis.

No comments: