Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Counting Blessings

It continues to be "count your blessings weather". Last year I never switched from my "fall coat" - good to around -30C to my winter coat. I'm switching this morning. It's -33 out this morning, -41 with the wind chill. Time to switch coats.

I note that while it's bitter in Regina, it's only -20 in Yellowknife and a balmy -12 in Inuvik. Cambridge Bay is always my comparison point however - it's -33 there this morning, and with the wind chill it's -50!

I can count my blessings that I don't live in Cam Bay.
I can count my blessings that I have a warmer coat to switch to.
I can count my blessings that I don't have to drive to work; don't have to worry about if my car's plugged in; don't have to sit in a cold vehicle waiting for the windshield to warm up enough to see out of it.
I can count my blessings that my apartment is warm; the library where I work isn't too cool and the people I work with warm my heart.

All in all, the cold temperature is a very minor discomfort. (Having said that, I'm envious of Roy and Monica in Mexico!)

No comments: