Sunday, December 6, 2009

Phone Calls

I've just gotten off the phone after visiting with my kids. I always find it very difficult to phone anyone - even my kids. I force myself to do it - and then I cry after I hang up. However, I can be very grateful that we can talk by phone, it's just difficult. I miss them a lot.

Part of it is my own weird phobia - I have a hard time talking to anyone on the phone. I have no difficulty e-mailing, but I get a sort of sinking feeling when I need to phone. When I see the message light flashing, I have to force myself to check messages - and give myself a reward when it's done. I wish that wasn't part of my internal wiring, but it is, so I force myself to do things I don't enjoy and get it done.

Bram's flying in for the Christmas break December 18. Rose doesn't get Christmas off. Sigh. Oh well. Maybe next time.

No comments: