Friday, August 31, 2012

School Days - School Days

This week has been very strange for me because, although Bram started at SIAST, Palliser Campus, I did not start back to school anywhere.  I don't know how many years it's been since I haven't started teaching immediately come fall, but I do know that it's been a long, long time.

I took a picture for Bram's first day of school though, to keep up with the tradition of a photo for the first day.
It seemed strange to send him off on the bus, but he's doing ok - he's enjoying his classes; has got a couple of scholarships already, and is making friends and doing homework nearly every night.  For the long weekend I've got him helping shingle the garages at my 4-plex, so that he can make a little extra money.  It does help that he's already received two scholarships, one for $1,000 and one for $3,000.  He's applied for several more, so we'll have to see if he gets any of them.  Every little bit helps.  The two he's already received will cover his tuition and books for this semester.  He has only one more semester before he will start the first coop program of his course, and hopefully after that he'll be pretty much self-sufficient.

No comments: