Saturday, July 2, 2011

Summer time

I'm now off work. Rose is in Ottawa, on her way to Quebec for the summer. She has a day in Ottawa so she can scout out where everything is before she moves there for university in the fall. She just phoned me to say, "I'm on such and such a corner, can you give me directions to get to....?" Isn't the internet wonderful? She says her laptop weighs a ton and it's really hot and sticky out; but I'm glad to hear from her. She's phoned me several times - once from Toronto, once at 5:30 this morning (I know you always wake up early anyway), once at 10:30 and now this time. I'm glad we changed the cellphone package so that I'm not paying for the long distance on this.

I was thinking, how is it that I can let my daughter take off by herself and go somewhere else for university, etc. Then I thought, hey I was only 19 when I went to New Guinea for two years. Rose is 20. It is hard to loosen those apron strings though.

It feels really good to be finished work. (Sort of, I need to go back in over the summer and get a few small things done, but I'm essentially done.) I went by the library yesterday and borrowed a bunch of books, which should last me awhile, I hope.

No comments: