Monday, March 26, 2012

Some days are busier than others

Today was a busy one. I woke up around 5:30 am, which is my usual time, and forced myself out of bed a little after 6, which is also normal. Made breakfast, unloaded the dishwasher, ate breakfast, got lunches ready - then Ruth arrived a little after 6:30 so we could go to Curves and work out.

By the time we've finished working out, I've had a 2 minute shower and gotten dressed (this time in "work" clothes instead of work-out clothes), and driven back across town again it's 7:45. I have to be at work by 8 - so it's making sure the lunches are all put together, grabbing mine, and heading out the door. I couldn't find my keys so went to work without them. About mid-morning I figured out that I was wearing a different coat than yesterday and my keys were undoubtedly in yesterday's coat.

I work from 8 to 4 - with a lunch break from 12:05 to 1; only today it's Bible quizzing practice at lunch, so not a real lunch break. At about 3 pm (when classes were over), I went outside with the students who had volunteered to help rake leaves and helped with that. Left promptly at 4 as I had to get some things for The Party tonight.

Drove to the Dollar Store and Walmart, got a few groceries as well as supplies for The Party, back home by 5 pm. Supper on the table by 5:15; dishes in the dishwasher and make four sock puppets for the Bible story tonight. Back in the van by 5:45 (running a little late). Swing by the school to see if any students are going to come to help with The Party (unfortunately no) - then helping with the program there from 6 to 8 pm. Help pack things up, drop off the brother and sister I regularly drop off, home by 8:30.

Now I have dirty pots and pans filling my sink, but I have just vegged for the past 90 minutes and now it's time for bed. However, this has been my only down time all day, so I'm not going to feel guilty about it.

I have to say Bram's day was even busier than mine I think. He got up at 7:30, had quizzing practice at noon, the same as me, helped rake leaves from 3 pm to 4:40; helped with The Party from 5:45 to 8:30 the same as I did, then once we got home, he had to do homework for tomorrow (assignments in Histoire, Francais and memorize 5 Bible verses for quizzing).

No comments: