Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Routine?

I have a flat tire, so can't drive my van right now. I'm hopeful it'll be fixed today some time - but right now I'm dependent on others for transportation. So yesterday I phoned Ruth and suggested we go grocery shopping together. That went well (we usually grocery shop together), and so we had supper together before we made salads together. We tried two new salads (made up the recipes ourselves) - they're both pretty good, however we were out of garlic and short on onions and I personally feel that any salad can be improved with the addition of those two ingredients. Here's one recipe:

Green Bean Salad

1 bundle Chinese green beans (just less than 2 lbs)

Chop green beans and steam until just tender

¼ cup bacon bits

1 diced onion

1 pint grape tomatoes

1 cup chopped celery

Vinaigrette

¼ cup oil

2 TLB soya sauce

1 tsp sesame sauce

2 TLB lime juice



No comments: