Saturday, June 9, 2012

Wheat Berry Dessert

We made this with the low-fat or diabetic option on everything, so it's way less guilt than it needed to be.  It's also very easy and excellent!

1.5 cups uncooked wheat berries (cooked)
1 L container frozen dessert whip (the low fat variety)
1 cup light sour cream
2 pkgs instant vanilla pudding (or instant lemon pudding) (the diabetic variety)
1 -184 mL can pineapple chunks with the juice
1- 8 oz pkg light cream cheese

Cook the wheat berries I use my rice cooker for all of my grains and even to cook beans.  It works very well and I never have to worry about things scorching.  Dump everything into a bowl, adding the wheat berries last. Don't mix up the vanilla pudding, just add the dry powder.  I didn't bother adding all the cream cheese because it's a pain to cut it up small enough to add with everything else, and it tasted really good without it - so I've still got about 1/3 a package of cream cheese to do something else with.

No comments: