Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Whew!

It's been a very hectic day.  From when I got up at 5:30 am, to now, at nearly 10 pm, this is the first time all day I've had some down time.  This is not particularly good - and I'm glad that a day like today is pretty rare.

It was "Farewell" today at school.  However, before school started, I went with Ruth, as usual, to work out at Curves.  Stopped to fill the van with gas on the way to Curves.  Back home by 7:45 - stopped at Great Canadian on the way home to look for Sugar Snap Peas to take with us as part of the snack for Farewell.  Couldn`t find any though.  (I had tried three different grocery stores last night as well).

Made sure Bram was up, got my personal stuff packed to spend the day outside, put on sunscreen and left for school.  Made sure the drinks, etc. were loaded.  The entire school went for Farewell; we left shortly after 9 am.  I drove my van - it seats eight, counting the driver, so we had eight people in it.

We arrived back at school, after a wonderful (but extremely windy) day shortly after 5 pm.  (I`ll write about Farewell another time). Then I had to refill my van with gas, and head straight for home.  I got home at about 5:30 - to find that my house guests had already beat me here.  I had sent Bram home when we got back to school, and asked him to start some brown rice for supper.  However, when I got home, I needed to make the rest of supper.  Invented a new hamburger casserole.  Very nice too; I got several complements on it.  I was impressed that from the time I walked in the door, to when we sat down to supper was only 40 minutes!  I couldn`t have done it without Bram, who cleaned off the table and set it for me while I was making supper.  We had the entire Pradzynski family for supper; I think that was 10 adults plus two kids.

Immediately after supper, I barely had time to put the dishes in the dishwasher before I bid my guests goodbye (trusting that Bram would act as host for me), because I needed to pick up flooring for one of the suites in my four-plex and I wanted Walter to help me pick it out.  We went to the Home Depot across town by Vic Square because Walter also wanted to go to Costco.  However, while we picked out the flooring we wanted, they didn`t have enough at that Home Depot, so I had to drive to the other one on this side of town anyway.  Got the flooring, plus underlay, plus ceiling paint, plus special ceiling roller, plus talked lino with the flooring guy at Home Depot because I need some for the kitchen in a different suite.  Then I picked up a few groceries at Superstore, and came home - 9:50 pm.  Finished clearing off the table and loading the dishwasher, started it - and I feel like I`m ready to collapse.

I think that it must be time for bed .  Night Night.

No comments: